Send enquiry to Reliance Precision Ltd.
Reliance Cool Muscle stage
The RCMS series of leadscrew stages combines the high speeds and programmability of Reliance Cool Muscle motors with the accuracy and reliability of a leadscrew-driven linear slide.
The RCMS is available with two different motor sizes and in a wide range of travel lengths and leadscrew and carriage configurations.
The precision slide’s aluminium guide and carriage are driven by a rolled stainless steel leadscrew, available with metric and imperial leads. High performance polymers and TFE coating extend the life of the slide’s moving parts.
The Reliance Cool Muscle motor, in NEMA sizes 17 and 23, integrates an efficient vector drive and H-infinity controller with a 50,000-count encoder to form a servo positioning system operating at speeds from 0 to 3,000 rpm with minimum power consumption. Cool Muscle’s torque sensing and software travel limits give the option of eliminating home and limit switches from your system.
Typical applications for the RCMS include test instrumentation used in industrial automation and university laboratory research equipment used by the energy industry.
Linear Rail Actuator
The linear rail actuator consists of a stationary base and load bearing carriage that travels along a rigid extruded aluminium rail, together with a single stack size 17 stepper motor.
The carriage design is unique; it controls slide bearing play with a self-adjusting linear bearing. Integrated along the entire length rail system are “T” slots allowing mounting of limit switches and sensors.
The leadscrew is made from 303 stainless steel with a Black Ice™ TFE coating for durable and permanent lubrication.
The features of the linear rail actuator include:
• “T” slots integrated into exterior rail bottom and sides that accommodate full length support and various mounting options
• Loads easily attach to the compact, moving carriage with four or six M4 x 0.7 size screws
• Load bearing carriage moves efficiently and smoothly within the internal rail geometry of this specially designed aluminum extrusion
• Rail provides end-to-end axial stability and precise motion system accuracy
• Automatic adjustments of slide bearing play with a patent pending “anti-backlash” linear bearing
• Rated life equals that of the existing leadscrews of similar size
• Leadscrew end configurations adapt to various rotary motion sources
• Black Ice™ TFE coatings on a 303 stainless steel leadscrew
Providing Custom-built Solutions
As well as offering a range of standard actuators Reliance is able to develop bespoke solutions to suit individual requirements. Bespoke motorised actuators are based on our range of catalogue components and assemblies, together with housings and fittings manufactured by Reliance in the UK and Ireland.
Working closely with our customers to understand the application and design specification, we are able to offer design engineering support to help develop an appropriate assembly, bringing knowledge and experience from working in a variety of industries and applications.
Examples include a miniature motorised leadscrew actuator for a drug dispensing system, a motorised leadscrew driven slide assembly, using multiple Reliance Cool Muscle motors, for an XYZ theta position system, and a 3-axis rotary-linear actuator for a medical scanner.